Media Kit/Press Packet:
Media Kit/Press Packet - folder of information that helps reporters write an accurate story
Its purpose is purely informative, not to make a reporter want to write about your credit union.
Media Kits/Press Packets should always be prepared ahead of time!
Additionally, they can be used to share with potential SEGs, at trade shows, and on sales calls.
A media kit should contain any of these materials:
· History of your credit union – a short chronological narrative is fine
· Professional profiles of key management staff or officers – a brief narrative of each person. No résumés
· Black and white photo of president or CEO – professional photos only
· Fact sheet – simple facts such as number of employees, products and services offered, telephone number
· Business cards
· Recent news releases
· Your generic brochure – an easy reference of what your credit union is and does
· Photocopies of awards your credit union has won
· An invitation to your next special event
Other optional inclusions for your media kits:
· Black and white or color photographs – possibilities include the exterior of your building, products, or employees performing their duties. Avoid posed pictures, use action photos.
· Articles written by or about you – lend instant credibility if you have been published before.
· A list of products – Include the most significant, and maybe a brief description of the services the products provided
· Tip Sheet – a list of tips or free advice (i.e., Five ways to save for your retirement)
· Schedule or calendar of events
· Product brochures – mix and match brochures you have. Use certain brochures depending on the recipient
· Frequently asked questions – list of questions most frequently asked, Q & A format.
· Testimonials – Include the member’s name; anonymous testimonials are worthless.
The Ohio Credit Union League is a state trade
association whose mission is to foster
e-mail the Ohio Credit